Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mom knows best

Growing up, my mom had a rule that eating and drinking in the living room was not allowed. Food and drinks had to stay in the kitchen or outside (except for the occasional bowl of ice cream for dessert!). Now that I'm all grown up, with my own house I can do what I want! Eat and drink wherever I feel like it and no one can tell me not to. I learned the hard way this week that mom is always right and you should not drink fruit punch in the living room....

It now looks like someone was murdered in my living room! I've tried everything and can't get the stain out so now I'm sitting here at home waiting for the carpet cleaning company to come and give me an estimate!

On a different note. Here is a picture of a baby woodpecker that is living in our front tree. The mom has a nest on the very top of the tree and I don't know exactly how many babies she has but they sure are cute!

4 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

OMG!! That's too funny! It reminds me of when we spilled red Jello all of the carpet at the condo:) What did we use to get that out?

Anonymous said...

Carpet cleaner! Who has the carpet cleaner?!?! Now you know why we (Moms) say no eating or drinking in the living room. I'll tell you what... when your little bundle is a toddler and running around, there will be more phrases coming out of your mouth and you'll say to yourself... "I sound just like my mom"
:) Love Ya Cuz KK

Anonymous said...

The magic stuff is Folex instant carpet spot remover. I watched Kimmy get red wine out of her carpet, chair and off her freshly painted wall. They sell it at the grocery store. It's a plain white bottle with purple writing. I love it. Folex!

caxline said...

I heard the lil peanut was born. Congratulations! Can't wait to see some pictures and hear the adventures of a new mommy on 1-2 hours of sleep!!!

candace (paige's other bff)