Sunday, November 30, 2008

FYI: Los Angeles does not have a football team!

Earlier this year, Bill and Paige were inviting people to be in their fantasy football league. I told Brian that I thought "we" should have a team and he informed me that it would be in our best interest if it was his team and I could be the official cheerleader. After our conversation today, I guess I can understand why he wouldn't want to be my partner...

Me: Does New York have three football teams?
Brian: Yep.
Me: Isn't that a lot of teams for one state?
Brian: Nope. (Notice the one word answers. He hates watching football with me!)
Me: I guess we have four teams so it'ok for New York to have three.
Brian: California doesn't have four teams.
Me: Yes we do: Oakland Raiders, SF 49ers, San Diego Chargers and Los Angeles Angels.
Brian: LA doesn't have a football team.
Me: Yes, they do. The Angels.
Brian: They're a baseball team. (Said while shaking his head.)
Me: Oh, I knew that!!

6 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

LOL!! Have I not taught you anything!!!

Kimi said...

TOO funny...I'm impressed he was listening well enough to call you on your mistake!

Ali C. said...

Sounds eerily similar to the conversations that make Scotty pause the TV to do an explaination.

kkp1220 said...

LOL;-)
That is too funny, I can just hear you now disrupting his Sundays;-)

mommyreview.com said...

LOL They should have a team!!

Katy said...

That is hysterical!! :) I love the one word answers. That's about all I get when a game is on, too! By the way, I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog!!