Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ode to the fancy camera!

Paige's sister Candace is the inspiration behind today's blog for 2 reasons: 1) Candace is the original "blogger". She got Paige to start her blog and Paige got me to start mine. Without Candace's influence (and Bennett and Mallory's endless supply of material to post about) I would have never started blogging. 2) Candace got a really cool camera a while ago and it takes AMAZING pictures. I told Brian I wanted one to and he informed me that we already had one. Last year we spent way more money than I ever thought was appropriate to spend on a camera but Brian just HAD to have it. I've never actually used it because to be honest, it scares me. There are a lot of buttons and things that I don't understand about it. Brian keeps telling me to just put it on auto and start clicking.

Well, with some time on my hands, I decided to start clicking away with the "new" camera. I am now in love. The pictures are so much clearer and I was only using the auto setting. Brian says if I actually learn how to use all of the different settings, I will be able to take really good photos.

So, thanks to Candace for starting this little obsession I now have and thanks to Brian for buying the super expensive camera that I swore at the time was a little much!

Would have been a lot cuter if he didn't have a big drool mark on his shirt!

Andrew still loves his swing!

This is what happens when you take a self portrait and your hand is over the flash! The picture comes out red. Good to know for next time.
Andrew is such a happy boy.

Probably my most favorite picture of our little man.

"OK mom, how many more of these are you going to take?"

Look at those cheeks....they are so cute!

Bella wanted her picture taken too!
(I can't believe how crisp and clear the blades of grass are!!)

6 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Candace is going to be so happy she got a shout out!

We just got a new camera this past weekend too! I've been playing around with it and I love it! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see all the pics of Andrew now:)

You should skip work more often...I like your double posts in a day:)

mommyreview.com said...

oh what kinda of camera? I need, scratch that WANT an new one - so I'm taking suggestions!!

Those pics are great!!! Andrew is so cute!

Michelle Wing said...

I have no clue what kind of camera it is. I just know it is big, black and makes a cool "snap" noise when you take a picture!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are great... and there are so many of them. I love it!

Karla

kkp1220 said...

We all need to thank Candace;-) It will be nice to have all of Andrew's info when he gets older. I wish I would have started sooner;-)

Pictures look good. We just got a new camera too!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew always looks so happy.