Monday, October 12, 2009

Sad Good-Byes and Sails

My mom and dad are officially off to Texas. The movers left with all of their stuff on Friday and should arrive in Texas next Thursday. Then, in 4 short weeks, we'll be going out to Texas to visit (aka: inspect the new house!) so I told my mom she has a lot to do to make sure the house is ready for the wild monkey, Andrew!

Dinner with mom and dad on Saturday night.
We'll see you really soon!

Since my mom was officially leaving, we decided she needed to have quality time with Andrew before she left. So, on Sunday Brian and I took the 7am flight down to San Diego to go on a sunset cruise. The winery was sponsoring the event and it only made sense that they had a representative there to educate the guests about our product. Brian decided he needed to come too (his other option was to go to work on a Sunday and he decided a trip to San Diego sounded fun!).



See, I really was working!

There was even a pirate on the ship!

4 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Looks like you had a fun trip to SD.

So sad that your mommy is leaving:( I'm crying right now. But I hate to break it to you...your mommy is more excited to see me in Texas than you!!!!!!

The DeShazers said...

I can't believe your mom is actually leaving. Has she officially flown out now? Because if not, she may not REALLY be leaving :) Hasn't she been leaving for about a year now? Looks like you had alot of fun in San Diego!! I love the pirate!!

Karla and Brian said...

Wow more fun work stuff. You are totally lucky! Isn't that ship just gorgeous.

Is the house done already?! I guess it should be. Don't forget to post pictures of the house, I want to see it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a little windy but I guess that is what you want on a sailboat.

I am officially a Californian living in Texas again. It hasn't sunk in yet that I am here to stay for awhile.
Love, Gma