Monday, August 2, 2010

Make-A-Wish Auction Event

In May, the winery hosted their annual Make-A-Wish event. This is an amazing event where 800 people come together to raise money for children in Northern California. It is a very touching event knowing that every dollar raised goes towards making a very sick child's wish come true. Perhaps it hit home even more now that we are parents of a happy, healthy boy. In the spirit of the event, Brian bid on one of the live auction lots. Lesson to me: don't leave the table and Brian in charged of the bidding paddle. At least the money goes to a good cause, right?!

So, two weekends ago (I know, I'm behind on my blogging) we went up to Tom and Brenda Simoneau's house for our wine tasting event. Originally it was supposed to be a class on wine making but our guest list was already educated in wine making so we changed it up a little! We did a double blind tasting (meaning no one had any clue what wine was in each bag) and had a Napa vs. Sonoma tasting. In the end, I'm sad to say that Napa got first place but I would like to point out that I liked the Sonoma wine the best!!

There was serious tasting that needed to be done.

We managed to take on the task with no problem.

Our Tasting Crew
Brian, Me, Mick, Linda, Sharon, Bob, Brenda and Tom

No comments: