Friday, May 24, 2013

Andrew - 5 years old!

Dear Andrew,

I don't know how this happened but you are now 5 years old!  You have grown up to be such a great little boy.  Gone is my precious baby who needed me for everything.  You have become very independent this last year but the good news is you still love to cuddle with mommy and daddy and you still need us.  You are so sweet and kind.  One second you can be running around the house playing Star Wars and the next second you are crawling up on my lap asking for snuggles.

You just finished preschool at St. Eugene's.  At school your best friend is Harlen.  Mommy and Daddy have a love/hate relationship with Harlen.  :)   We love that you have a best friend and you get so excited about seeing him each day.  We don't love the things that Harlen has taught you.  For example:  Kissing is gross.  I quickly told you Harlen was wrong and you love kissing mommy!

Outside of school, your best friend is Grevin.  You refer to him as your "super, super, bestest, best friend!"  They say that best friends start to look alike and you and Grey have started at a young age.  Jen and I get asked frequently if you and Grey are twins!  Even our neighbor, who knows you are an only child asked how you are Grey were related because they thought you could be twins.  I'm sure some day you and Grey will use that to your advantage somehow.

We are so blessed to have you as our little boy.  As far as kids go, I think we have the best one!  You are so easy going, sleep well and don't give us much trouble.  There are defiantly more smiles than tears each day.  You are still sucking your fingers and we would really like it if you would stop.  Hopefully by six!

You have a lot of exciting things to look forward to this year: going to Disneyland, starting Kindergarten and growing up.  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us and I am so thankful to be able to see the world through your eyes.  Don't change a bit my little Doot Doot.  You are absolutely perfect just the way you are!

Things you love:
  • Lego's!  Anything to do with Lego's.  You will sit and build with your Lego's all day long if I would let you. You ask everyone how comes over to the house to play Lego's with you.  You can make almost anything out of Lego's.
  • Chester.  To some he make look like just a stuffed animal racoons but he is really your best friend.  You are such a good "daddy" to him.  Always rocking him, combing his hair and tucking him into bed each night.  Lord help us if anything happens to Chester. You love all of your stuffed animals like they are real but Chester is your favorite.
  • Riding bikes.  You love going outside and riding your bike.  You love racing around the court and playing with the neighborhood kids and dogs.  Each time we see someone outside I know it's only going to be few seconds before I hear "Mommy, let's go out and ride bikes!"  We just had out front yard redone so mommy can sit outside on the bench and watch you play.
  • Star Wars.  You can thank Daddy for that.  You are now a Star Wars expert.  I have no clue what you are talking about most of the time but Daddy does and that it was maters.
 Mommy loves you to the moon and back.
Love,
Mommy

No comments: