Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Goodbye Stumpy

I am so excited right now. Here I was sitting on my couch watching TV when some guy comes and knocks on the door. I put Bella away and wonder what this guy is selling and how long is it going to take to get rid of him. He hands me a card and says "I was driving by and noticed you have a tree stump in your front yard!" I end up scaring the guy half to death jumping up and down saying you get out tree stumps!?! Come look at the one in the back yard!! This guy now thinks I'm a total nut but follows me to the back yard.

At this point I am thinking; Michelle...what are you doing? a) taking a strange guy in your backyard when Brian is not home- not a good idea b) we've already priced this out and it is going to cost way more money than we have right now. Still I show him the stump and pray he doesn't tell me it is going to cost $900 like the last guy.

You better be sitting down for the next part.

He says "for $300 I will take out the stump in the back, level it off and take out the stump in the front." ARE YOU SERIOUS!! 1 small catch (come on, you knew there was one coming), I have to pay cash and he has to do it now. I don't care why he needs cash and why he has to do it now I am just happy that my stumps are going away. Small problem, we don't have cash just lying around the house but that's ok because Brian is at the Aleworks and can bring it home with him. For once, him being at the Aleworks has done some good!!

Now I have to call Brian and tell him I just made a deal to spend $300 to get the stumps removed that he has been promising me for a long time to do himself. I get my nerve and call his cell phone all prepared to be told what a crazy wife I am spending money when I don't have to. I tell him the story and he says "That's all he's going to charge? Great, I'll be home soon!!"

The guy is grinding away as we speak. Goodbye ugly tree stump in the backyard!!

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Are they removed yet? Let's see some pictures!!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute.
I am very happy for you. I can't wait to see the stumpless yards.