So the picture may not look like much to everyone but to Brian and I it was a day of some of the hardest work we've done in a long time! Since we had the huge stump removed, Brian decided we needed to have a garden. We go to Lowe's to get everything we need: good dirt, sprinkler supplies, stuff for a fence to keep out Bella, and of course seeds. We look everywhere and find out they are sold out of seeds and they aren't going to get anymore because we are about 2 months late for putting in seeds! Never fear I tell him, I have some at home from last year. Even though we are a few months late and the seeds are a year old we decide to give it a try anyways. It took all day and a lot of work but we finally leveled the ground, built the fence, installed a drip system and planted the seeds. As you can see, the fence doesn't quite make it so we still have to finish that. I didn't have any pumpkin seeds (the one plant Brian really wanted) so I ordered them online. They should be here in 1 week and then our garden will be complete! Brian promises me that all of the wood you see in the background will go away in November when he goes camping with the boys. I'm taking bets now to see if that really happens. I'll start the betting with a NO!
Stay tuned to see if any of the seeds actually grow....

2 comments:
Sounds Great!
What kinds of seeds did you plant?
Is the front yard stump gone too?
Looks good...can't wait to see it:)
Post a Comment