This is not a phrase that you hear often in the Wing household. You do from time to time hear that we don't have anything to drink. This doesn't mean that we are actually OUT of wine, it just means that we don't have anything we are willing to open. It just doesn't seem right to open a fancy Bordeaux that we got in Europe or an expensive wine we got wine tasting on a Wednesday night when it is just Brian and I. In fact, we have no more room for wine in our house. Both wine fridges are full, the 60 bottle rack we have in the closet is full, there are 2 full cases of wine sitting on the guest bedroom floor and we bought another 1/2 case this weekend when we were out with friends. (We got the wine at 1/2 price...how could I pass that up?) We also have cases of wine stored at my aunt and uncles because we can't take home the wine they are trying to give us!
Some ladies have a shoe obsession, not me. I am ready to admit I have a wine obsession. Not so much drinking it (although I sure do enjoy that), I just can't stop buying it! This last week I joined a new wine club. Anyone in their right mind would have joined this club though. They have a cap at how many people they will let in their club and when we visited the winery in March, there were not any spots left in the club. You could be put on "the list" if you wanted and wait for a spot. I begged Brian to let me be on the list but lost that battle. Well, good news!! They have opened up 200 more spots in their club. Now I HAD to join. Not only was there a spot for me, their tasting room is going to be members only starting in January. I just HAVE to be a part of this club. It works out to be abour $20/month and since that is how much Brian spends on his obession (Aleworks) it is only fair that I got to join the club. So, here comes more wine.
Anyone want to come over and help us out....we need to make some room in our wine closet for my new friends!
4 comments:
This is not a good thing - I have to join that wine club. I cancelled Preston in the spring because I wasn't drinking as fast as they were shipping. I like only 2 shipments a year - very manageable.
Jen
I need more wine too! Can friends use your benefits?
Bring some of that wine to Idaho baby! I'm sure it will go good with the potatoes!
Love,
Karla
Drink the good stuff yourself. Life is too shrot. You deserve it!
Post a Comment