It's that time of year again. Time for school to start and girls to rush sororities. This single event is hands down the most tiresome, wearing and stressful time of any sorority girl's life.
The normal life of a sorority girls is as follows: go to school, rush a sorority, spend the next 4 years having the time of your life, graduate, get a "real" job and possibly keep in touch with a few sisters. Do I live this normal life? No, I decided one day I needed something to keep me busy besides work so I volunteered to be the membership advisor. Yep, I'm crazy. I willing volonteered to partake in the craziest time of all.
For all my sorority sisters out there reading this here are the details:
204: number of ladies signed up for recruitment
38: quota (no that is not a type-o)
40: number of ladies we matched bids with!! (yep, 2 OVER total)
#1: top sorority during recruitment
For everyone else:
We had the most girls ever sign up to go through recruitment
The number of girls that we were allowed to offer a place in our sorority was the largest ever!
We gave out 40 invitiations to ladies to join our sorority.
We haven't always been the best at recruitment and this year we kicked everyone else's butt.
OK, I've now been up since Thursday and I need some sleep. I think it should take about 4 days for the sorority songs to completey get out of my head.
3 comments:
That is CRAZY!!! How many actives do we have? Do the newmembers outnumber the actives?
Congrats on a successful rush! I know you worked hard. Can't wait to hear all about it. I currently have lost my phone, so as soon as I find it I will call you. I think it's at my parents, but not sure because the ringer is off!!
Michelle, I appreciate all that you do for Alpha Xi Delta! We need all of our dedicated alumnae volunteers to keep our Alpha Xi Delta chapters alive and well. Congrats on your recruitment success! Julie Dillon, National Alumnae Director
Post a Comment