Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Moving up and out!

Well, it's official. I am now the Hospitality Event Sales Manager. After two weeks of meeting after meeting our CEO has promoted me to the new position. Our old event manager left the company three weeks ago and I've been doing my job and his job for the last three weeks. Before I was responsible for the coordination and operation of events as well as overseeing the tasting room. Now I am responsible for selling the events as well as overseeing the coordination and operation. The good news is that I don't have to oversee the tasting room anymore!! The most exciting part is not having to worry about their work schedule. I HATE having to make schedules and deal with people calling in sick.

Part of the deal is that I have to move offices. My office will now be in with the CEO and Chariman of the Board. There are three offices in their building and 1 is empty so that is where I am going. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you. Did you negotiate any time off for a visit to come see me:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That sounds very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!! That's awesome. When are we going to celebrate?