Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Newborn Knowledge Quiz

One of the many websites I belong to about babies posts quizzes that you can take about preganacy, newborn, child raising, etc. I decided to take the Newborn Knowledge Quiz today to see what I know. I'm happy to report that "I'm a natural" according to the quiz! These are the things I learned:
  1. The Moro Reflex is a protective reflex that the baby does when startled. The baby will extned out his arm trying to cling or embrace something. (Why this is important I don't know but I guess I'll figure it out!)
  2. A type of ear infection is called otitis media. (Sorry mom but there were a lot of scientific words for this answer and I couldn't remember which was correct. That's why I have a business degree and not a nursing degree!)
  3. When people offer you unwanted advice, it is not appropriate to say this is my baby not yours. You are supposed to politely say thank you and then do what you think is best. (I knew this one already but I'm sure I'm going to want to tell people the answer I picked!)

After I took this quiz I thought, this sure is silly that they let people do this. Could you imagine how stressed I would be if I FAILED! Like being pregnant isn't stressful enough, they have quizzes you can take that stress you out even more. Clearly a man, who has never known a pregnant woman, came up with this idea.