Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today's Pregnancy Lesson:

Lesson for today: Pregnant woman CAN NOT take Nyquil when they are sick.

I think my OB office might be calling child protective services right now putting a claim against me for abuse of my unborn child! As most of you know, I've been battling this cold/flu bug since last Wednesday. I haven't had a good night sleep the whole time and the drugs that are safe to take during pregnancy don't work.

I called the OB office this morning to see if there was any other drug options I could take. She proceeded to read me the list of approved drugs (which I have at home and have tried them all with no luck). Then I asked if it would be ok to take a small dose of Nyquil at night. It clears me up and lets me sleep. I swear, you would have thought that I just asked her if I could do just 1 hit of herion. She proceeded to tell me in the most horrified voice ever that I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT TAKE NYQUIL! OK, back to the recommended list of crappy drugs I go.

I'm thinking that since Nyquil is a no, I probably shouldn't call them back and ask about Dayquil!?

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

You should call her about dayquil!!!