Friday, January 23, 2009

The good news and the bad news....

...you'll hear it all right here!!

I started this blog so our family and friends could stay up-to-date and I could look back one day and remember all of the fun times we have had. Unfortunately, not all of our lives can be fun and I found that out first hand this morning when I got laid off at work.

The last couple of weeks at work have been touch and go. Each week someone has gotten laid off and this morning my time came. The good news is the people that are left after this morning are in no threat of getting laid off. A few of my friends made it through the lay offs and I am happy that they are going to remain at the winery and won't have to go through the hassle of finding a new job.

This marks a new chapter in my life and hopefully I will be able to find a good job quickly. I have a couple of weeks of vacation and severance pay so I have a little bit of a buffer. Please pray for us and keep your finger's crossed that I will be able to find a good job quickly!

On a brighter note...I'm thinking of all of the positive aspects of this forced time off:
-shorter lines at the grocery store since I can shop during the day
-I can start going on daily walks again (Bella is excited about this!)
-more time spent with Andrew
-I can actually keep up with the cleaning and laundry
-dinner ready every night when Brian gets home (ok, not so much of a plus for me but Brian should benefit from this too somehow!!)
-I can watch my daily soap and Oprah live every day
-I can have my weekly lunch with Jen again!
-I get some of my tax money back when I collect unemployment!! (I don't think that any of my tax money actually goes toward this but let's just pretend!!)
-I can start going to playgroup every week again
-I can post every day on my blog because let's face it, what else will I do all day?!

8 comments:

OSU 98 said...

My name is Nicole, I am a friend of Paige's sister Candace. I was laid off last July, so I completely understand what you are going through. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I was very fortunate to find a job very quickly, and I hope you do too. Comment on my blog and I will give you my email if you have any questions or need to vent.

Bill and Paige said...

I am so sorry! I wish I was there to make you feel better! You are a very hard working women and I know you will find a job soon!! Best of luck and enjoy this little forced vacation:)

**You forgot that you can talk to me daily now without any interuptions:)**

Ali C. said...

Ohhhh, sweetheart, I am sorry. It all happens for a reason. That's for sure. Andrew needs some more mommy time. You'll find something super soon, I am sure. Miss you tons and see you in March.

The Stiles Family said...

I am so sorry Michelle. You will enjoy being home and having some extra time for your family and yourself. I hope you find a job soon. Good luck looking.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry Michelle! I'll pray every day you find something AMAZING! Good luck with everything and let me know if I can help in any way!

Kimi said...

I am impressed with your attitude about this even though it must be really hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed and my ears open for anything that might help!

The DeShazers said...

I want to be sad for you but the timing couldn't be more perfect for our lunches to resume! I will be on leave soon and we can do lots of free stuff together..and I can watch Andrew if you have to go to interviews....

Anonymous said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways... He also provides! I'll keep you in my prayers but I'm sure that something will come along that will be perfect for you. Call me if you need anything...
Love,
Karla