Friday, April 24, 2009

11 months


Dear Andrew,

Another month has quickly come and gone and I am sitting here writing to you again. I am lucky to have been able to be home with you this month watching you grow and develop. The best part of this month is when you decided that daddy was your best friend. Every morning when you see him your eyes light up and every night when he comes home from work, you stop what you are doing and speed crawl over to him. You get so excited when you see him and you love to play with him.

A few months ago we started to teach you sign language and you have really picked it up. You can now sign "all done" and "more". I think this month we will work on hungry, dog and water. We'll see how that goes.

You are now an expert crawler and climber. Anything that you can pull yourself up on turns into a climbing jungle gym! Daddy and I can't turn our back for too long because you are quickly getting into everything. You are so curious about how everything works and what is going on around you. You are cruising around all of the furniture and I think you might be walking by your first birthday. Even though you are a busy little boy, you remember to take time out every day to snuggle with mommy for a little bit. Even if I can only get 10 minutes, I love to cuddle up on the couch with you and talk about anything. You are a terrific listener and have pretty good advice sometimes!

You are the joy in my life and I find myself so excited to get up in the morning to spend another exciting day with you. We have something planned almost every day whether it is running errands, going to playgroup or hanging out with friends. There is rarely a day when we don't have anything to do.

Thank you for being the best little man. You make me want to be a better person every day and continue to remind me to be thankful for how great our life is. You bring a smile to my face every day!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Katy said...

Time certainly flies doesn't it? Andrew is blessed to have you for a mommy!! :)

Karla and Brian said...

He's doing more and more things each month. I can't wait to see him on his birthday!

Bill and Paige said...

I can't believe he's almost a yr old:( That makes me so sad. He gets cuter with every month:)