Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swimming and Shoes

Andrew started his second swim class yesterday with Brian. Andrew loves the pool so much we thought it would be a good idea to put him in another swim class. They offer a class for Andrew's age group in the evening so Brian is able to go. It's nice to be able to sit back on the grass and watch my boys splash around in the pool! In normal Andrew fashion, he laughed and splashed throughout the entire class.

Waiting patiently for class to start




I also decided that it was time for Andrew to get his first real pair of shoes. Up until this point he has been wearing baby training shoes. Basically it just gets them used to the idea of having shoes on their feet. Since Andrew is starting to walk, he needs real shoes to run around in. We went to Stride Rite, got him measured and fitted for shoes. Andrew is going to take after me because he is measuring 4.5 WIDE! I had wide feet growing up and my parents had to spend a small fortune on special shoes that you could only find at expensive stores. So, no Payless Shoes for Andrew because they just won't fit his feet. I tried to tell the sales lady that the sandals I wanted to get fit his feet but she stood her ground and told me that they didn't!

Bring a big boy and getting measured

3 comments:

Karla and Brian said...

That is wonderful that Brian is able to go to Andrew's second set of swim classes. They look like they're having a great time!

He definately has your feet. I don't know, I think you may be able to get away with the sandals in a pinch.

Ali C. said...

It's great that you get to just watch from the sidelines. Isn't it nice? Poor feet....these darn kids are expensive, huh?

Bill and Paige said...

love the swimming pictures!