Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Another holiday has come and gone. It seems like I was just packing up Christmas and now Easter is over. (I did actually find a Christmas charm on one of the wine glasses today so I guess it wasn't too long ago that I was packing it away!) The Wing family came over to celebrate the holiday and we had a special guest appearance by Grandpa Duste and Glenda. They were supposed to be in Australia but yesterday their trip got delayed and since they had no where to go, I asked them to come over here. That way I had some representation from my side of the family!

Andrew and I went to church this morning and we was the perfect little angel. As we were leaving, one of the other mom's in the cry room asked what I did to keep him so well behaved. I told her it was a lot of luck and praying!

After church we rushed home to get ready for our party. Since church was early and Andrew decided to sleep in late, we asked the Easter bunny to come while Andrew was napping. He was so happy to wake up to a party in the house and a visit from the bunny man.


The Easter Basket cake I made. I think it turned out pretty well!

The Easter Bunny was here!

We had to go for the obvious hiding this year. Perhaps next year the bunny will try to be a little more sneaky!

Wow! I found one!

Is all this for me?!


Andrew and I with Great Grandpa Duste
Grandpa kept asking me all day long "when did you grow up!"

Brian's parents and us

Happy Easter!

Today's random thought: Why do we say Happy Easter and Merry Christmas? Why can't they both be happy and merry?

3 comments:

Ali C. said...

I can't wait to do up Easter next year when Jared would actually participate! Or maybe, next year, I'll bring the boys to your house and we can have a massive easter egg hunt! (Hint hint....I want you to cook for me!) Your cake is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I think he missed an egg on the chair. Wait till you have to make a list so you know where all the eggs are. That's when I switched to hiding plastic eggs. It doesn't matter if you forget one for a week.
Love, Gma

The DeShazers said...

Did you tell Great Grandpa Duste that you still haven't grown up yet?? :) Looks like you all had lots of fun and maybe we will come to your house next time, too, to hunt Easter eggs and eat yummy cake!