Monday, May 17, 2010

Make-A-Wish 2010

What an amazing weekend. Every once in awhile you get to feel like you made a difference in the world and this was one of those weekends. I am so proud of where I work and the orginizations that we choose to partner with.

Last weekend at the winery we hosted the Croquet Invitational & Charity Auction for Make-A-Wish. This event is the largest event for the Northern California chapter and it raises well over $200,000 to help fulfill children's wishes.

The event started last week at the winery with tents going up on Monday, tables being brought in and everything being transformed. Every day something new was going up, being moved and getting decorated. By Friday, the winery turned into a wonderland.

Friday night was the thank you dinner for all of the sponsors. It was great to sit down and be pampered for a few hours. We even got to spend the weekend at the Vintner's Inn! I wasted no time lighting the fireplace in our room and using the jacuzzi tub.
Our table on Friday
(minus me because I'm taking the picture!)
There I am!
It was kind of chilly in the tent.

Saturday's event was a work/play day. Since the event is held at the winery, I'm always "working" but the MAW people do all of the hard labor so we get a chance to play.
See, I'm working!


I even made Brian work too!
(In all reality, he wanted to pour at the table and was having fun)

Trying ouy my skills at croquet


Greg, Brian, Michelle's x 2

One of the perks of sitting at the head tables, Terry Adams, our winemaker, brings out some really fun bottles!

This is why you shouldn't drink at a live auction....you end up bidding and winning!

Brian trying out his croquet skills.

Thanks to Oma who came up and watched Andrew for the weekend. He had a great time and was sad to see her go on Sunday!



3 comments:

Karla and Brian said...

Oh how fun. I completely forgot about Croquet. Looks like a very sophisticated event but a lot of fun as well.

Kimi said...

Sounds like a fun event for a great cause...and I must say that I am impressed you didn't spill any red wine on your white outfit!

Ali C. said...

What did you win???