Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colorado or Bust!

Brian, Andrew and I just got back from a fun-filled weekend in Colorado! We packed a lot of activities into 4 days: a Sip and See party, golf for the boys, Air Force Academy, zoo, kite flying, cocktails and no trip to see Paige would be complete without a trip to Costco! Thanks so much to the Robers for a fantastic trip. We had a wonderful time and Brian is already trying to figure out how to dig a basement in our house so we can have a "man cave."

Hanging out at the Air Force Academy.


Paige and I took the kids to the zoo. When we walked in a pony was there to greet us.

2 years ago we went to the zoo to feed the giraffes and Andrew wasn't too sure about it. This time, he loved it! All I hear now is "Mommy, I fed the giraffes!"


The bears were playing in the water. The only thing between Andrew and the bear is a sheet of glass. Andrew kept telling me he was petting the bear!

For some reason, both kids were scared of the apes. They were ok if I stood with them though.

Young love!


We took the kids out to fly a kite. They had so much fun. Hayley would laugh when the kite would hit the ground but Andrew would get upset and say that the kite crashed.






We even had a date night while we were there! Paige's babysitter came over to watch the kids so we could go out for 2 hours. It was nice to have some adult time!

OK, this isn't as bad as it looks. Yes, it is a fishbowl but no fish were harmed while drinking this! It was only $20 and there were 5 of us so really it was a deal. And, we only finished 1/2 of it.

Andrew had so much fun playing with Hayley. They did really well together and we only had to step in a play referee a few times.

Costco Time!

Brian showing Hayley how much fun computers are.

The kids had a tickle war with Brian.

My trip wasn't complete without snuggle time with Ainsley. I still have newborn skills and was able to get her to sleep one day. She is so cute and little, I forgot how little babies can be.

No comments: