Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kentucky Tourists

Weekend in Kentucky was a success!  I had to go to Kentucky for two different meetings which meant I was going to be there over the weekend with nothing to do.  So, my parents jumped in the plane and flew up to visit me and hang out.  We had so much fun checking out all of the local sites and being tourists.  Normally, when I go to the "Mother Ship" I arrive in time for a meeting, stay two or three days and those are all full of meetings and then I jump on a plane to come back home.  It was nice to relax and enjoy the city.


Mom and Dad arriving!
On Friday night I took my parents to Howl at the Moon which is a dueling piano bar.  We had a blast and mom even drank a cocktail!
Even though the horses weren't racing, we went and toured Churchill Downs.  We got to see everything up close from the track, to the jockey's quarters to million dollar seats.  They even had a few horses practicing on the track so we got to see them go by.
 Mom trying out her skills at horse racing.  :)

This is where you would sit if you had a million bucks!!

After the track, we headed over to the slugger museum.  We got to see how they made the bats for retail sale and also for the professionals.  No photos are allowed inside so this is the best we could get.

Saturday night we took a river cruise.  The Ohio river runs along the west and north side of Louisville.  It was a gorgeous night and the water was beautiful.
So pretty!  Almost enough me make me want to move.  :)
Downtown Louisville at night.
I had to drive mom and dad by the Mother Ship.  It is a really large campus so the only part you can see from the street is our address and the executive building.
This is where the really important people have their offices.  Who knows, maybe one of those windows will be mine one day!
Sunday we took the drive down to Woodford.  Even though we aren't bug bourbon drinkers, we have to support our brands!  This is us standing by one of the fermenting tanks of bourbon.

A few years ago they made a Sonoma-Cutrer finished Woodford Bourbon.  They had a bottle at the distillery so I had to take a picture.
On the way back, we stopped at a winery.  Let's just say it was an "interesting" experience.  I ended up even bringing some bottles home.


2 comments:

Ali C. said...

I'm sad you weren't in town and I was!!! But glad you had fun there and actually had some time to enjoy the area. Such a pretty place to be! Love the night shot.

Anonymous said...

We had a great weekend! Kentucky would be fine while we are here in Texas but you would have to move back to California when we do.
Love, Gma & Gpa