Thursday, May 24, 2012

4 Years Old

Dear Andrew,

I told you to stop growing up and another year has quickly gone by.  This last year has been a whirlwind of excitement.   We moved into a new house, you started skiing this winter, you flew to Texas without mommy and you are potty trained.

As quickly as you are changing, some things are still the same.  You are still the most easy going little boy and I get told frequently by strangers how good you are.  You are a great sleeper, although you have realized that you can get out of your bed and have been known to get into some "trouble" after mommy puts you to sleep.  The best is when I heard water going upstairs and went up to find you washing your sheets in the bathroom sink.  I think mommy may need to turn down her OCD when you are around!  You still love to snuggle and ask me to hold you like a baby.  At least once a day, you want uppies and to rock with me.

You have quite the imagination and I have to stay on top of whether you are a dog, caterpillar, robot or some other creature each day.  You have a "pet" spidey that comes with us frequently which is really just your hand that you crawl up people's arm.  You also have an imaginary friend named Izzy (she is a pirate on Jake and the Neverland Pirates).  The good thing is you know I can't see her so you tell me if she is coming with us each day or staying home.

You are becoming very artistic and your artwork is quickly filling up the house.  You love to make things at Gina's and show me when you get home.  You are very proud of your creations and love to show them off.   You love to do all kinds of art: play-doh, coloring, painting and drawing with chalk on the sidewalk.

Daddy and I are so lucky to have you as our little monkey boy.  You bring a smile to my face every day and are so sweet.  Each morning, a new adventure starts and I am so excited to see what the day has in store for us.

I would ask you again to stop growing but I know that is impossible.  So instead, I will ask you to enjoy every moment and continue to explore the world.  You are my favorite little man and mommy loves you.

Happy 4th Birthday!
Love, Mommy



2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Oh I love that picture of him!!! He's so cute!!!
Happy Birthday Andrew!!!

Ali C. said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!