Monday, May 21, 2012

Make-A-Wish 2012

I know I say this every year but I am so honored and privleged to be a part of this amazing event.  Make-A-Wish is an amazing organization that grants wishes to children between the ages of 2-18 that have life threatening diseases.  The North Bay chapter grants 100% of the wishes that they receive!  Where do they get the money to grant these wishes?  By hosting events, such as the Croquet Invitational and auctioning off amazing packages.  They ask you to bid high, adn bid often!  (You may remember that Brian won an auction lot the first year we went.)  The event is a success every year and this year didn't disappoint.  The weather was absolutly perfect, there were 640 attendees plus volunteer and staff and everyone was generous in their giving.  This group constantly thanks me for my invovlement but it is really them that needs to be thanked.  Thank you to Make-A-Wish for giving children and their families hope and happiness.  It is a joy every year to work with you and I can only hope that our small contribution makes a big difference in the life of a child.


This event transforms the winery into party central!
Brian and I all dressed in white.  (The official croquet color)
We take wine pouring very seriously.  The "little" red bottles are a normal size bottle of wine (750ml).  The other bottles are 3L and 5L bottles.  They big ones make the regular bottles look microscopic!
Brian likes to get in the action and help pour wine.
LeeAnne, me, Irene and Loretta.  All pure in white!

This was the best cocktail ever! Korbel Champagne, Finlandia grapfruit vodka, grapfruit juice and sage simple syrup.  I could have drank 10 of these.  Wait....I may actually have.  :)
Me and Vernon Davis!  I'm getting my fair share of meeting famous people this month.  I told Brian that since Vernon and I are BFF now, I get first dibbs on drafting him for my football team.
Vernon signing a bottle for the tasting room.
Brian practicing his skills at croquet.
Mick (our winemaker) and Brian hanging out.

Each of these pictures represents a child's wish that will be granted because of the money raised during the event.  Charlie, age 12, wishes to see Planes, Tranes and Automobiles.  Olivia, age 3, wishes to go to Disneyland.  Charis, age 11, wishes to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Analiese, age 4, wishes to go to Walt Dinsey World.  And all of these children wish to not be sick anymore.

No comments: