Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wine Country Week

Don't tell anyone in Sonoma County but Santa Ynez might be my new favorite wine tasting region! The wines were fantastic and so affordable. We spent a week visiting different wineries, golfing and checking out the small towns. The B&B we stayed in is in a town of only 100 people! It was so peaceful sitting on the porch in the evenings drinking a glass of wine. We got into a relaxing routine of sight seeing in the morning, wine tasting in the afternoon, wine/cheese on the porch before dinner and then watching the Olympics at night. It was definitely a routine I could get used to!

We went on a wine tour the first day to get a introduced to the area.


Santa Ynez has three main industries: wine, horses and marigolds!  I'm not kidding, they grow marigolds everywhere!

One of our stops was at a horse ranch/winery.  The owner, Jeff, knew a lot about both.  He quickly learned we only knew a lot about only one (wine!).  I asked some of the dumbest questions about horses.

Based on this picture, I think I need to work on my swing some more!  Not bad for my second game of golf though.

I think my swing is supposed to look a little more like this...

Solvang is the cutest town!  Everything is Dutch.




Hey, look....we're wine tasting again!

A few places had these signs instead of "closed".

Best wine tasting room EVER.  Wine tasting AND painting!!


No comments: