Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Out of the mouth of babes....

It's a good thing Andrew is so cute because sometimes he says the craziest things at the most inopportune time.  Take for instance, yesterday's statement....

We are leaving preschool and walking over to our car.  A lady gets out of the car next to us and she is dressed in a habit.  Yes, she is a nun and she is wearing her full nun regalia.  Andrew takes one look at her and proudly says "I like your Halloween costume!"

Seriously kid!  I could have died right there.  Thank goodness she was a very nice and happy nun because she smiled, looked right at Andrew and said "Thank You."  I quickly explained that she wasn't in a costume, that she was a nun and this was her uniform.

So Andrew, here is your lesson on costume vs. real clothing....
  
This is a real nun.  Some wear mostly black and others wear this combo of white and blue.  I'm not exactly sure what the difference is.  You are going to Catholic school, ask someone there, they should know!


This is a costume.  This lady is not a nun and probably needs to say a few Hail Mary's after wearing a costume like this.  You are not allowed to date any girl that wears something like this.  Nice, wholesome girls don't dress like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Except on Halloween when anything goes! The color differences depend on their order and status. I would say the second "nun" isn't going to make her vows.
Catechism 101
Gma