Thursday, January 24, 2008

1/2 way there....

I'm officially 20 weeks pregnant this week and have 20 more to go! The baby is doing great. He's moving around quite a bit and Brian even got to feel him kick the other day. He is going to have his first trip up to the snow this weekend!

Here are the things I've learned in 20 short weeks:
  1. Every lady who has ever given birth is an expert on pregnancy
  2. Every lady who had never given birth is also an expert on pregnancy because she knows someone who was pregnant once.
  3. Just about anything I consume has the potential to harm my child accoding to some website or study.
  4. There is no such thing as "normal" when it comes to pregnancies.
  5. Your body is capable of drastic changes over night. I can go to bed looking one way and wake up looking completely different.
  6. There is no need to suck in your stomach anymore to try to look thin, it's ok to have a round belly. In fact, the bigger and rounder it is the happier people are!
  7. Don't mess with pregnant ladies. I have no patience for ANYTHING and get overwhelmed very easy. If I say I've had enough, I really have and pushing me farther may result in me crying.
  8. I can go from wide awake to completely tired in 2.5 seconds.

That is just the tip of the iceberg of things I have learned and I know that the next 20 weeks will bring about a lot more lessons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I just read your blog for the first time via Paige's blog. You are a very interesting writer and I loved reading about your adventures. Paige told me the baby is a boy. Although I never had a boy, I wouldn't sell you my Bennett for any amount of money. He is so funny and cute and a great kid. You will have so much fun doing the boy stuff. Granted, the clothes aren't as much fun, but who can resist a little guy who can make a gun or a sword out of anything you give him? Also, I agree w/ Brian. Tell the guy Mary was Jewish! Love you, Peggy (Paige's mom)