Friday, September 19, 2008

My window was foggy...that's my excuse!

You can definatley tell that Fall is quickly approaching. This morning when Andrew and I were leaving the car was all wet and there was fog on the windshield. As I'm sure most of you do, I started driving before the window completely cleared. I could see just fine....or so I thought.

As we're driving down the street I see a dark figure about 4 feet tall standing on the side of the road in the bike lane. I start slowing down because I think that it is a child who wants to cross the stret. I'm getting closer to this "kid" and almost at a compete stop when I realize I am stopping for a garbage can! I quickly look in all of my mirrors, realize that no one has seen what I've done and drive away! Maybe next time I'll wait for my windshield to completely defrost before I start driving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be thankful that you don't get morning ice on the windshield in the winter! In the Bay Area I was able to put water on the windshield and the ice went away... My first winter up here, I tried that and it was clear for a second, I started to go and the whole windshield refroze. I had to stop in the middle of the street and bust out the ice scraper... I can definately relate!
Love Ya,
Karla

The Stiles Family said...

Too funny. I miss those mornings....sometimes. That morning fog doesn't happen much in Southern California.