Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deep thoughts by me...

Here are two things that I was thinking about today....
1. What's up with Senior Citizen Discounts?
The argument one of my coworkers gave me for a senior discount is that they live on a fixed income. Well, so do we! Brian and I get paid the same amount of money every month. There isn't a magic tree in our backyard that sprouts out dollar bills at random times each month. We live on a budget each month just like the senior citizens do. To top it off, we have a mortgage payment, two cars payments, a child to feed, cloth and one day put through school. Most seniors that I know live in a house that was paid off a long time ago, have a minimal car payment if any and are no longer supporting their children! I think there should be a "Family trying to make it in 2009" discount. We're the ones who really need the help!!

2. Why do vacuum cleaners come in pretty girl colors and not manly colors?
If you look a various different vacuum cleaners online you will find them in an assortment of colors: basic black and white as well as pink, powder blue, purple, etc. Why don't they make camo vacuum cleaners or ones with sport logo's like the NY Yankee's? I'm convinced that if I bought a camo vacuum cleaner that had a TV screen on it so Brian could watch the game as well as a gun trigger and scope so he could target and shoot the dirt, he actually might use it once in awhile!

5 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

I'm with you on the discount! I think they should give it to eveyone though! My dad love's his Mcdonalds coffee at a senior discount.

I don't know about the vacuum's though. I personaly wouldn't like a camo one. I like the pink ones much better:)

Anonymous said...

LOL... That gave me a good laugh today. I've got a dark burgundy vacuum. I can get the guys to vacuum with that. As for the discount... where do I sign up? College is right around the corner for Zack.

Karla

Ali C. said...

You know what the crappy part is? Seniors now get social security and by the time we retire there wont' be any left. So what the heck do we live on! I enjoyed your deep thoughts today. By the way, Scotty vaccuums all the time...it's getting him to put it away after he is done that is the problem.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! What's with all the senior bashing? Seniors live on Social Security that does not get a raise every year and investments that are loosing money quickly right now. I am not that far off and I will be paying a mortgage for the next 40 years at the rate we move around! Paige, tell your Dad about the Jack-in-the-Box drink discount. They do not advertise it. Rick lives on the iced teas. Gotta go finish the vacuuming now with my maroon vacuum. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the discount idea.

The vacuum is a very fun idea. I'm not sure if it will get Brain to vacuum, but if you want I can take out my craft supplies and we can make one.