Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great birthday weekend. Come on, we all know that birthday's don't just last one day!
It started Friday when I woke up with chills and my throat hurt. Oh wait, that was the crappy part of the weekend, I was sick the whole entire time. Oh well, I couldn't let a runny nose, plugged up ears and a cough slow me down.

Dale and Deana came to town on Friday and we met them at the Aleworks. We also met Scott, Michelle, Ryan, Kristy, Russel and Shawn there. Apparently, we were going to have to share Dale and Deana a little bit!!

On Saturday the four of us went to Winter Wineland. This is an annual event that Brian and I try to go to every year. We managed to hit 6 wineries and my industry discount came in quite handy since Dale and Deana wanted to stock up their cellar. I guess New Mexico wine just isn't the same! After Wine Tasting we came back home and had a great night of playing games and remembering the good old days. (A quick THANK YOU to Scott and Michelle for watching Andrew while we were out playing!)

Sunday morning Andrew and I had breakfast with my parents and then it was time to say goodbye to Dale and Deana. I had a great day relaxing at home and then out to dinner tonight.

Our Little Pilot and Big Pilot!

Deana and Andrew

This winery had a chocolate fountain! Probably the best stop!!

Deana and I wanted to know where the bottle of wine was that went with this corkscrew!

Dale*Deana*Brian*Me

4 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sorry you were sick:( That's no fun, but looks like you took one for the team. Hope you have a great bday week (it doesn't just last a weekend:))

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I can't even tell you were sick! Looks like you had a great time.

Love,
Karla

The DeShazers said...

Happy Birthday...sounds like you had a blast. What a beautiful weekend for Winter Wineland. I hope to make an appearance next year :-)

Kimi said...

Happy belated Birthday! I'm sure it was no fun being sick, but I bet the wine helped :o)