Sunday, January 4, 2009

Planes, Showers and Phantom...oh my!

2009 is already in full swing! We had a busy, long and fun-filled day yesterday. It started at 5:00am when the alarm went off. I had to get Andrew and I ready so we could catch the plane to LA to go see Paige. Andrew did great on the plane and didn't cry at all. Amazingly, the flight wasn't full so I was able to bring his car seat on board with us. He only sat in it during take off and landing but it was nice to have a place to put him.

Once we got to LA, my mom and I headed to Paige's baby shower. We got there a little early so we had some time to spend with Paige by ourselves before the millions of people showed up! Paige sure has a lot of family and friends!! Unfortunately, we weren't able to stay very long because we had to catch our plane back home.

Once we got back to Oakland, my mom and dad took Andrew home with them while Brian and I went to San Francisco to go see Phantom of the Opera. This is one of my favorite shows and Brian bought me tickets for Christmas!! The show was amazing and I had such a great time.

On the way home, it finally hit me how tired I was. I could barely keep my eyes open and wasn't a very good co-pilot for Brian because I kept falling asleep. The crazy day was well worth it though.
Andrew and I on the plane

Jessica, Andrew, myself and Paige

Paige and I

Yippe for Phantom!!

In the theater waiting to go to our seats.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on my computer since before Christmas so I had a lot of entries to check out. You did a great job capturing the busy past two weeks. Now it is time to get back to a regular routine so off to bed I go!
Love, Mom

Bill and Paige said...

Thank you so much for making the (short) trip down here. It was so good to see you, Andrew, and your mommy! Just wish it could be longer:) Looking forward for the next time we're together...Andrew will be able to meet his wife!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Michelle, what a small world! Donnie and I went to see Phantom of the Opera yesterday too!!! It was amazing (my second time seeing it and it's my most favoritest story/movie/musical of all time)
Too bad we didn't run into eachother while we were there!

Lisa

Bill and Paige said...

Nice to see you. Too bad you couldn't stay longer:-(

Kimi said...

I'm glad you had a great time! Your picture of the Orpheum turned out way better than mine! Andrew looks like he was a great little traveler.