Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tales from Tahoe

We came back from Northstar today after our week long vacation. I have so many great memories as a child going to the condo in the winter with my family and I'm so happy that Brian and I are able to create new memories with Andrew. We packed a lot of excitement into our trip. We went skiing, sledding, walked around the village, went to visit friends and of course we did a little shopping. Since Andrew isn't quite ready for skiing yet, my mom and I both skied half days so one of us could stay with Andrew. It worked out really well, I was able to ski but I didn't get too tired or sore from being on the slopes all day long!

It was nice to have my parents there as well as Scott and Michelle for a few days. We had so much fun and can't wait until we go up again this winter!

Andrew waiting for mommy and daddy to come back from skiing

We went to visit my mom's best friend up in Sparks. We don't get to see her and her family very often so we try to get together every time we're up in Tahoe. Her two grandson's were over that day so it gave my mom a little glimpse into the future of what life with young boys are like!
Patti, Andrew and Gma

Gma and Gpa going out skiing
(We tried to tell my mom she couldn't wear that hat but she insisted and said it keeps her head warm. The boys said the only positive thing was they could easily spot her on the slopes!!)

Andrew having fun!

All snuggly up at the village

Sledding Time!!
What is a trip to Tahoe without sledding. The path behind the condo was the perfect place to go with Andrew. It wasn't too steep but it had enough of a slope that you could get going without any problems!

Andrew and I cruising down the hill

Andrew liked sledding with daddy!

Our family!

Mom and I had to take our turn as well!!

Poor Andrew couldn't leave the house without getting completely bundled up each time. He didn't really seem to mind it too much though.


I think we wore Andrew out!

On New Year's Eve we went up to the Village to watch the fireworks. It was really cold and Andrew was already asleep so my mom volunteered to stay at the condo while the rest of us went up. We watched the fireworks and then made it back to the condo in time to watch the ball drop on TV!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

Did you and your mother really get on the same sled?

Oh, I miss Tahoe! When do I get to go again? You can't leave Andrew's girlfriend out for much longer!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. Hopefully we can make it next time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun filled week. I would love to join you in Tahoe some time. I just need to hitch a ride from the Reno airport :)

Love,
Karla