Wednesday, July 15, 2009
The downside of living in a tourist destination
I was driving home from running errands in Santa Rosa and decided to take the backroads instead of the freeway. I was behind a car that had 4 adults in it and wasn't doing the speed limit. No big deal, we were still in the city and I just figured they didn't know what the speed limit was. After a couple of miles we were out in the country. Nothing but fields, vineyards and farms for a couple of miles. This is the point where "locals" speed up and drive 55-60 MPH. (The speed limit is 55 on the road so we aren't really speeding.) The car I'm following continues to do 40 MPH. Great, just my luck. Then, they slow down even more and I notice a hand come out of the passenger window. They are taking pictures!! Oh look, there's a vineyard...snap! Oh look, there's a cow....snap! Oh look, there's a real farm with horses and pigs....snap! Seriously people, do you really need to be doing this? Don't they realize that it is 100 degrees outside, I have a 1 year old who wants to eat lunch and I still have to go to the bank and the post office before we go home. You may be on vacation but I have things to do people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Put your hands together and say "Woosaaa" That should make you feel better. If not, I got a good pill that might work!
LOL! That's funny, I wonder if they saw an episode of Bay Area Backroads? They don't show that up here I wonder if it's on DVD.
why didn't you take any pictures?
Post a Comment