Monday, May 31, 2010

3 day weekends are the best!

I love 3 day weekends. In fact, I think every weekend should be a 3 day weekend. The world would be a much happier place. On Sunday afternoon, instead of thinking about what I needed to get done before work on Monday, I could relax and postpone all of those dreaded chores one more day! Monday's aren't so bad when you don't have to wake up and go to work.

On Friday it was our 5 year wedding anniversary. Since Gma was in town, we took advantage of the babysitting and went out to dinner. The manager of the restaurant was really nice and since it was our anniversary, he brought us complimentary champagne and port! (Secretly, I think he just wanted the winery to use their catering services but I was willing to take the hand out!).
On Saturday, Michelle and Scott brought Trevor over so we could all ooo and aaa over him. He has a little touch of jaundice but it getting over it quickly. He was a perfect angle the entire time he was here!
He's one well dressed little guy!

The next generation of Wing's is here. Watch out!


Andrew meeting his cousin for the first time. He did pretty good but wants to know when Trevor is going to be old enough to play!

My mom stayed with us for a couple of days. It was nice to have some time with her and for her and Andrew to play. I don't know who was more tired at the end of each night, her or Andrew!

Andrew loves to give kisses!

On Sunday, the DeShazer's came over for a BBQ. Zippy got some oysters at the Farmers Market and BBQ'd them up. I even tried a bite and it didn't totally gross me out! (Jen says I cheated because it was covered in pesto sauce!). Needless to stay, I didn't have a second one. I didn't want to be greedy and not leave any for everyone else!

Andrew got a little wet playing with his water table!

Since Brian has started his own blog, he's been really good about coming up with a new dinner each week. This week, he made BBQ sauce from scratch. It was pretty good!
(If you want to read Brian's blog, click on the Norcal Wingman link on the side)

The weekends not over yet!! We managed to get some more playing done today. The weather has been so nice and Andrew loves to play outside so we've been out there a lot.

2 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

happy anniversary!! i didn't forget...there was NO cell service! Looks like you had such a fun weekend!

Trevor is so tiny...almost makes me want to consider #2:)

The DeShazers said...

No mention of the bbq fiasco? :)