Monday, January 17, 2011

Anyone want cookies?

Andrew has been showing a lot of interest in cooking lately. He wants to be in the kitchen anytime someone is making anything and of course, he wants to help! Today was a holiday from work so I decided we needed to make cookies. He LOVED helping and was very good at following directions. The only problem....I have 4 dozen cookies and nothing to do with them! Would anyone like some homemade chocolate chip cookies?

So excited to be helping mommy in the kitchen


I was scared that the brown sugar was going to end up all over the counter and floor but Andrew surprised me and put it straight into the bowl.

Good job Buddy!

A little taste

So happy!

And now the best part, licking the beaters. Yeah, I know, raw eggs, he could get sick. I've been eating raw cookie dough for 30 years and I haven't gotten sick so I think I'll go ahead and take the risk!
(If you are wondering about the stickers on his cheek, we went to Oliver's this morning and they give kids stickers when you check out. He's only allowed to put them on himself so they end up on his cheeks and pants.)

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

I was just about to ask you about the stickers :)

We'll take some cookies please!!!

And Andrew is not allowed to tell Hayley he helps in the kitchen...she's not allowed to help yet :)

Ali C. said...

I thought for a minute you were playing with some green frosting and he decided to help paint himself.
LOVE the apron!

Anonymous said...

You can send some this way, too. I'm on my way out to get the milk. Maybe you can start a new tradition - Birthday Cookies instead of cake. Have a great day!
Love, Gma