Rain and snow, we saw it all this trip up to Tahoe. We went up with the Donnell's to get some skiing in and enjoy the weekend. We were a little worried because it rained the entire first day that we were there. For those of you who have been skiing with me before, you should know, I do NOT ski in the rain. But....Northstar was doing free mommy, daddy and me ski lessons so I had no choice but to suck it up and get wet! It was totally worth is because we learned a lot of great tips to help Andrew learn how to ski and now I can say I skied in the rain and I don't have to for 10 more years!!
Saturday, the weather changed and it finally snowed! Brian got his first experience of skiing in the powder and after a few runs, we decided that having a cocktail might help our skiing a little. :) None of the runs were groomed so it made skiing down the mountain challenging. We had a great time though and we were just happy that it was snowing.
All in all it was a great trip and we can't wait until we get to go back up in two weeks! This is turning out to be one ski filled winter!


They didn't have magic carpets when I was learning how to ski so I was a little hesitant about it. What happened to the good old fashioned rope tow?!
Andrew on the other hand was an expert! Notice his water proof rain jacket? That is because it was RAINING!
Brian rode up the carpet too! He tried to get out of it but the instructor nicely reminded him that the lesson was called mommy, DADDY and me. :)
So happy it was snowing on Saturday.
Andrew and Savannah playing in the snow.
Andrew's snow angel.
So excited there was enough snow to ski back to the condo!!
Andrew loves shaking the snow off the trees
Shannon and Savannah
Brian, Andrew, Bobby and Savannah
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun!! Andrew seems to love skiing, hopefully he can teach Grey!!
Post a Comment