Monday, October 1, 2012

Resting Time (or PLAY TIME!)

It look exactly 23 days before our first parent/teacher "conference."  And by conference, I mean one of Andrew's teachers telling me today at pick-up time that my child was less than perfect and perhaps we could work with him at home a little.  The afternoon teacher pulled me aside today to tell me that Andrew is a little fidgety during rest time and needs to learn to lay on his mat quietly and not disrupt the other children.  Well surely, it isn't MY child that is disruptive.  It must be one of the other children that is encouraging Andrew to act so crazy.  For example, right now he is quietly playing Lego's and not bothering anyone.  (Oh wait, there isn't anyone else to bother except me and I already told him to leave me alone while I "worked.")  

So tonight, we had the talk.  What is appropriate rest time behavior: lay on your mat, don't talk to anyone else and be quiet.   Mommy and daddy don't want to be known as the parents with the out of control kid.  Let's hope rest time tomorrow goes a little easier.  Should I also mention that I bribed his with dessert if he got good reports?! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So is it just a coincidence that this blog follows the bowling alley in your home. He just might be taking after his Gma. Ask Oma how many "conferences" she had with my teachers. (Yes, that is plural)
Love, Gma