This was such a big year for you. You started Kindergarten, started piano lessons, you can ski down the backside of the mountain, you can ride a bike without training wheels and you can hit a baseball without using the T. You continue to grow up to be a gentle, caring, independent, Lego building guy.
Your love for Lego's continues to grow. You can build entire sets reading the instructions all by yourself. You also use your imagination to build your own creations which are pretty elaborate most of the time. You have learned that if you don't want your friends to "rearrange" your Lego's, you need to ask us to hide them before people come over. Remember - you can't break Lego's. They can only be rearranged and put back in a different way!
This year at school you self-appointed yourself the title of "Expert Paper Airplane Builder" and you live up to your title to the fullest. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, gets turned into a paper airplane in this house. Receipts, paper wrappers, napkins, just about anything that can be folded. You truly are a master builder and it is so sweet watching you teach your friends to build.
Over the last year you have become very independent. You get yourself ready each morning for school; picking out your own clothes, brushing your teeth and putting your shoes on by yourself. You like to play in your room with your toys and stuffed animals and ride your bike on the court with the neighborhood kids. Even though you tell me "I can do it myself, I don't need help" quite frequently, you are still my little snuggler. You love to cuddle, give hugs and snuggle with me on the couch. It is my favorite time of the day and you promise me that you will never stop snuggling with me. I'm going to make you live up to that promise!
The best part of the year for me was that I was able to take time off work and spend more time with you. Picking you up each day, working in the classroom and riding bikes in the afternoon have been the best part of the year. I even liked doing homework with you and chauffeuring you around to piano lessons and T-Ball. I love knowing your friends and their parents and being there each day as you learn and grow.
You continue to have a very active imagination and not a day goes by that you are not pretending to be a dog, cat, fox, fish, etc. You ask me to show you a picture online and then we have to listen to how they sound in the wild. With those two bits of information, you can imitate the wildest of creatures!
Much to daddy's happiness, you have taken up playing video games this year. You like to play Lego Indiana Jones and Epic Mickey. You and daddy can
You continue to be the happiness in our lives. Watching the world through your eyes continues to give me a new perspective every day. You remind me to slow down, relax and not take the day so seriously. I am blessed to be your mom and I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us this next year.
Enjoy being 6 my little man. Mommy loves you with all my heart and remember, you will always be my baby.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment