Sunday, May 4, 2014

Derby Party Fun!

It's the first Saturday in May which means...Kentucky Derby time! Since I'm not working at Sonoma-Cutrer this year, we decided we needed to host our own Kentucky Derby party complete with hats, mint juleps and betting on the ponies. I had so much fun decorating the house for the party and reading all of the updates about the horses the week of the event. Andrew and I made sure we were Derby experts by the time Saturday and around and it paid off because our horse won! It was such a great party and I can't wait for next year when we can do it again. Who knows, maybe we will start being horse people!!
The bar was ready for Mint Juleps and Lilly Rose drinks.
We had a Derby horse pinata
Andrew and I made jockey silks to decorate the house.

No comments: