Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hippie Wrap

A few weeks ago Brian and I were in downtown Santa Rosa and we saw a mom carrying her baby in some sort of wrap contraption. I told Brian I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those things. Why doesn't she just use the Baby Bjorn backpack like a normal person? What is up with all of these hippie mom's?

Well, I took Andrew's Baby Bjorn out of the closet two weeks ago and put him in it. I don't think I've ever heard Andrew scream so loud....he HATES it. What was I going to do? I can't just keep him in his stroller all of the time and there is no way I'm wearing on of those "hippie" contraptions.

I'm sorry to say, I have broken down and gotten the crazy wrap I saw the lady wearing. Andrew absolutely loves it! It is just 1 long piece of fabric that you can wrap around you all different ways depending on how you want to carry your little one. Here is a picture of Andrew and I proudly sporting our new wrap. (He didn't want to look at the camera!)


4 comments:

Kimi said...

Baby wearing is so great, no matter what "contraption" you use! It's so nice to have BOTH of your hands free. I'm glad Andrew likes it!

Anonymous said...

I knew you would come around. The baby slings look a little different, but it's the same concept. Some of the slings have the wrap attached. The nice thing about the wrap is that it works as the kid gets bigger. A lady at the gym used to always have her kid strapped to her hip, and her hands were free.

Anonymous said...

I had one of those hippie things with Zack. Mine was even rainbow colored. It was hard to figure out how to get him wrapped in there just right. Looks like you've got it figured out and he looks totally snug and comfy!

Love Ya,
Cuz Karla

mommyreview.com said...

haha, it helps to get things done! Moby wraps are my favorite, I also had the bjorn's, snuggles and many other contraptions!!