Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun in Tahoe

We just got back from a fantastic long weekend at Northstar with my parents and Bob and Sharon. As usual, the weekend was packed with fun skiing, sledding and visiting friends. We were a little disappointed when we arrived because the snow was pretty sparse, none in the trees and the stuff on the ground was all dirty. On Saturday, it started to snow and it snowed all night long. When we woke up Sunday morning, it was a winter wonderland outside! There was snow everywhere and it was so beautiful. Andrew did great on the drive up and back. We just had to stop once and it was mostly because we were hungry! We're so blessed that Andrew is a great traveler and we look forward to lots more trips to Northstar. Thank you Oma for giving us this fantastic opportunity, we really enjoy it.

The Boys going skiing. The ladies decided not to go and went shopping in town instead!
*Uncle Bob, Brian and My Dad*
Up at the Village

*Bob, Sharon, Me, Andrew and Brian*
(My parents came up later that night)

Andrew playing outside while it was snowing

Trying to catch a snowflake on his tongue!

Still trying to catch a snowflake!

This is what it looked like before we went to bed.

At dinner with Gpa and Gma

When we woke up, we were in a winter wonderland!!






Checking out the creek with Gpa


On Saturday we went to go see Ali, Scotty and Jared. Brian and Scott went out for some boy time while Ali and I played with little Jared. He pretty much slept the entire time but I was able to play with him for a little bit. Seeing Jared only 9 days old reminded me how tiny Andrew used to be. I forgot that babies are a little more fragile and they flop around a lot!



2 comments:

The DeShazers said...

It looks like you had a great trip! I love the pictures of Andrew trying to catch snowflakes, I love seeing his little personality come out!

Karla and Brian said...

Those are some great pictures! Looks like Andrew loves the snow. I'm glad you had a good time. Zack is on his way to Cali, he's looking forward to seeing you.