Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hiding Zucchini

During the summer, Brian would come in from the garden with an extra large zucchini that had been hiding under a leaf when he was harvesting. We ate a lot of zucchini this summer and into the fall. About two months ago, the plant finally stopped producing and I didn't feel guilty about buying other veggies at the store!

Yesterday, Brian comes running into the house telling me to come quick and bring the camera. (In hindsight, I'm not sure why I had to come quickly but oh well!) I follow him out to the garden and this is what I see:


Clearly there was 1 more zucchini that was hiding under the leaves. We didn't see it until all of the plants in the garden had died back and there it was! This thing is HUGE!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Veggie Tales? Looks like Andrew has a new friend.
Dad says you should have let it grow till next year's fair.
Love, Gma & Gpa

Ali C. said...

What fertilizer do you use? Holy cow!

Bill and Paige said...

looks like you'lll be eating zucchini for a month!

Anonymous said...

That will make a lot of zucchini bread.

Karla and Brian said...

Wow! That has got to be the biggest Zucchini I have ever seen in my entire life! I second the Zucchini bread.

The DeShazers said...

When I read the title, I thought you were going to talk about trying to hide zucchini so Andrew would eat it! Bella looks a little frightened, it is bigger than her!