Before Andrew was born I had great plans for how I was going to be a mom. What we were going to allow Andrew to do, how much TV he could watch, how I would put him to bed at night, what I would feed him etc. As Andrew has grown, a few of my grand plans haven't gone quite as I expected:
- Andrew will never sleep in bed with us - I have tp admit that there have been a handful of times that I have sneaked Andrew into our bed. It's the best way to calm him down if he wakes up in the middle of the night!
- Andrew will eat veggies every night and be served a healthy meal - For the most part we are on track but I will admit that we have those nights that if Andrew takes two bites of veggies and throws the rest on the floor, that is good enough for me. At least Bella is eating healthy! Hot dogs and peanut butter sandwiches are healthy, right?!
- No candy, sweets, sugar, etc except on special occasions - Christmas time is a special occasion right? Andrew and I now have a routing of getting a cookie out of the jar, sitting at his table and reading a Christmas story while eating a cooking and drinking milk. I only let him have 1 cookie so I think it's ok. What isn't ok is he now goes over to the cookie jar, points and says "cookie" with sad little puppy dog eyes.
- No bottles in bed - We did great with this until last night. Andrew doesn't have a bottle anymore but he calls his sippy cup Baba. Last night, about an hour after I put him to bed I hear him say "MaMa, Baba, MaMa, Baba." How could I deprive my little man when he is thirsty? So, I put water in his cup and go give him some. Everything is ok until I try to leave the room with the cup. That wasn't going to happen so Andrew got to sleep last night with his Baba. Let's hope I didn't just start a new trend!
4 comments:
You are an excellent MaMa! It's hard not to give them everything they want at that age.
your the worst mom in america! Anymore of this behavior and I"m going to call cps...have I not taught you anything?
Don't let him eat all the cookies before I get there. We may have to make more! And don't forget to save some for Santa!
Love, Gma
I am with Paige on this one. You let your kid SLEEP with you??!! Geez. AND he doesn't eat his veggies AND you let him have cookies? You need to stop this behavior NOW before he is stealing the car and sneaking in girls!
Post a Comment