It's pumpkin time! This year we went out to McClellands Dairy Farm to find the perfect pumpkin. I was so excited because this is a working dairy farm and I signed us up for the tour. We went through the nursery and saw 1 day old baby cows, learned all about raising dairy cows and at the end we even got to milk one! I think this is the best pumpkin patch in Sonoma County. You walk through a field of pumpkins, gourds and squash and when you find what you want, you cut it off the vine (kind of like cutting down your own Christmas tree). The family that runs the dairy is so nice and they have really made a great experience with a hay maze, petting zoo, "sandbox" that is filled with oat seeds instead of sand and lots of animals to look at. We can't wait to go back next year.
1 comment:
I think that pumpkin takes up more of the wheelbarrow than Andrew. Lots of juicy "guts" to clean out!
Love, Gma
Post a Comment