Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

This weekend we decorated the house for Christmas. It was so much fun and I can hardly wait for Christmas to be here. Andrew watched in amazement as we decorated the house and kept bringing more and more boxes in. I got most of the decorating done while he took his naps so each time he got up, he would have something new to explore. We're so lucky that he isn't crawling yet because then I would have to be a little bit more careful about what I put out and how low it is to the floor!

Quick funny story:
Me: Brian, which way is East?
Brian: Why?
Me: I just need to know.
Brian: Why?
Me: Because the 3 Wise Men came from the East.
Brian: So.
Me: I want to make sure I put them in the Nativity Scene coming from the correct direction.
Brian: Are you serious?!
(Note to Katy: notice that Baby Jesus isn't out yet!)

Since we don't have a fireplace to hang the stocking, I have to get creative every year. This year, the fish tank looked like a good place for them to go. Don't worry, I didn't forget about Bella's stocking, it's on her crate.

Andrew checking out the outside lights

Brian put the lights on the outside of the house.
This year we have energy efficient LED lights.
(Brian's idea, not mine!!)

"Mom, what is this thing?"

Our Christmas Tree

"Mom, where are the presents!"


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's looks GORGEOUS!

Bill and Paige said...

Oh, I love the picture of hin sitting in front of the tree!!!

I love the house decorated...it's like Dland:)

Love Andrew's stocking:)

Katy said...

I am so proud!!! Props to you on the Wise Men...even I didn't think about that! I'm off to change mine, except I can't tell which was is East, either! :)