Monday, December 15, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Last year Northstar installed live cams that you can look at to see what is going on on the mountain and how everything looks. Starting in early November, I was checking the cams every day just to see dirt. No snow was to be found anywhere. Then, there would be a little snow flurry and for a day there would be a light dusting of snow on the ground which would just melt within a couple of hours.

Well, this morning I checked the cam and this is what I found.....WE HAVE SNOW! Real snow, that is going to stick to the ground and not disappear by noon!! Snow on the ground, snow in the trees, snow everywhere!! I can hardly contain my excitment. We may actually get to ski on snow over Christmas vacation instead of going rock skiing!!

**Bonus: For those of you that have been to Northstar before, do you know what lift this is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zippy will kill me if I get this wrong but I think it is Comstock!! I want to go skiing!!! Maybe we will have great spring skiing and I can go then...

Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Aspen. Let me know if I got it right. It's been a few years, but I should know this!

Love
Karla

Ali C. said...

Well, I've been to Northstar but the last time I skiied I travelled right into a brick wall, so my memory is not so good.