Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun in the Backyard

The weather has changed, the rain is gone and the sun is out! Andrew is having so much fun in the backyard. I can't wait until I warms up a little so I don't have to have him all bundled up.


I think Andrew is thinking "Dad, what are you doing on my swing set?!"


How we got the swing set and car: Unfortunately, our neighbors house was foreclosed on and they moved about about 2 months ago. They had this swing set in their backyard and Brian has been talking about going over and taking it. Even though I knew she was not coming back, I wouldn't let him do it because I left like it would be stealing. A couple weeks ago, I noticed two bg trucks parked in the driveway of the house and they were cleaning it out. I find out that the guys are from the bank and they are taking everything she left behind and bringing it to the dumps. I asked about the swing set and they said we could have it! Since Brian wasn't home and there wasn't anyway I could carry that thing by myself, the guys brought it over and put it in the front yard. Then, one of the guys came over and said "We found this car in the backyard too, do you want it?" The swing set isn't the one I would have picked out for myself but the price was right! Brian painted it this weekend so it looks new and we bought the infant swing so Andrew could actually use it.

4 comments:

Ali C. said...

I was going to ask when you got that swing set. Looks like he loves it. The car is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is great! The price was totally right. It was meant to be.

Karla

mommyreview.com said...

Now that's a deal! Can't ever beat free!

Anonymous said...

Swing sets are great!